West Parry Sound Health Centre
Located on the coast of beautiful Georgian Bay, our facility offers the best that both nature and technology can offer.
We work in one of Canada’s most modern health care facilities and live in one of Canada’s top outdoor adventure destinations.
Position: Laboratory Assistant - Regular Part-Time
Region: Parry Sound
Description: Reporting to the Manager of Laboratory Services, the incumbent will assist Medical Laboratory Technologists in the collection, separation, filing, sorting, distribution and data input of biological specimens.
The position includes working all shifts as required by the Department.
• Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a Medical Laboratory Assistant field
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in venipuncture, specimen collection and laboratory procedures
• Current OSMT certification or CSMLS certification
• Demonstrated satisfactory attendance levels, work performance, disciplinary history, and positive work references
• Demonstrated knowledge of various computer applications and software related to healthcare programs
• 1-2 years’ experience in laboratory related work
Salary: To be negotiated
Terms of Employment: Part-Time
Deadline for Application: Sunday, April 09, 2017
How to Apply: Preference will be given to internal bargaining unit staff prior to external applicants being considered. Please submit a resume with covering letter, by April 9, 2017, quoting Position:
SEIU Paramedical 2017-19, to:
West Parry Sound Health Centre, Human Resources Department,
6 Albert St., Parry Sound, ON, P2A 3A4
Fax: (705) 773-4036
Location: Parry Sound
Profession Type: Medical/Lab Technicians and Technologists