Sexual Health Clinic
Rainbow Mall, 40 Elm St , Sudbury, P3C1S8
(more dates available)
The Sexual Health Clinic promotes healthy sexuality and provides confidential services that reduce sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Who works at the clinic?
- public health nurses
- nurse practitioners
What services are offered?
- sexual health information
- testing and free treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- anonymous HIV testing
- emergency contraception (morning after pill)
- low-cost birth control
- pregnancy testing and options counselling
- free condoms
- sexual health information and counselling by telephone
- harm reduction services
- free hepatitis A and B immunization (for those who qualify)
- presentations by request to high-risk groups
Visiting the clinic (Greater Sudbury)
The Sexual Health Clinic is located in the Rainbow Centre at 10 Elm Street, Unite 130. You can make an appointment, or visit during our drop-in hours. Please call 705.522.9200 to schedule an appointment or request an appointment now. Drop-in hours are every Monday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sexual Health Clinics in surrounding areas
Additional Sexual Health Clinics are run at our offices throughout our service area. Please call your preferred location to schedule an appointment.
- Chapleau – 100 Pine Street East, call 705.860.9200
- Espanola – 800 Centre Street, Unit 100C, call 705.222.9202
- Manitoulin Island – 6163 Highway 542, call 705.370.9200
Sexual Health Clinics in area high schools
Students of several area high schools have access to a Sexual Health Clinic at their schools. Public health nurses visit the schools to perform STI testing, pregnancy testing, to provide low-cost birth control and free condoms, and to provide sexual health counselling. Students may drop-in or schedule an appointment through the guidance department.
The following is a list of participating high schools and the frequency of the clinics. For specific dates, please contact your guidance department.
- Lasalle Secondary School, once per week
- Sudbury Secondary School, once per week
- Chelmsford Valley District Composite School, twice per month
- Confederation Secondary School, twice per month
- Lockerby Composite School, once per month
- École secondaire Hanmer, once per month
- École secondaire de la Rivière-des-français, once per month
|Contact: Health Unit